Givetaxfree.org is a non-profit 501c3 organization that is registered with the IRS and permitted to issue tax deductions for donations we receive.
Once you make a donation you will receive a letter via email from us listing the amount of the donation. That letter you may give to the IRS for a tax deduction.
By using our site you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You will not use our site or any of its functions for the support of any illegal activity.
- If you are a recipient, you can withdraw funds whenever they are available. To withdraw funds all you need to do is give us your bank account details and we will deposit the money in your account using Wells Fargo Direct pay or other legal payment service such as sending a wire.
- Funds are available whenever they clear the credit card company.
- Once you create a campaign, it will be reviewed by one of our administrators for approval. If the campaign is approved then you will be notified by email and be able to immediately start accepting donations. If your campaign is declined, you will be notified by email and have the opportunity to dispute the decision. You will not be able to publish your campaign and ask for donations until the campaign is approved.
- You can raise as much money as you need.
- You will not use our site to raise funds for frivolous items or activities. By way of example, you cannot create a campaign to raise funds for your birthday presents.
- Once you make a donation you cannot get a refund as we do not have the ability to get funds back from recipients.
- Although it is common knowledge that donations given to a 501c3 are tax deductible, we have no control over the IRS nor changes to the law. We accept no responsibility if the law changes or if the IRS does not accept your tax deduction, which is highly unlikely to happen.
- The donations you send to us are only accepted as non-designated donations. We will follow your recommendation for the donations provided they meet the legal requirements given to us by the IRS. In other words, if someone sets up a fake campaign and we catch them, we will not give the money back but will instead give it to a child in need.
* GOFUNDME is a registered trademark of GoFundMe Inc. We are not related to GoFundMe.